My Account FAQ's


The payment portal times out before I can complete my payment. What should I do?

Try clearing the cache in your browser. If that doesn't work, you can make your payment directly in the Paymentus website: https://ipn.paymentus.com/rotp/cod

What is the difference between my account number and my customer number?

The first 10 digits are your account number. The 8 digits after the dash (-) are your customer number.

Where are my account number, customer number, and meter number located on my utility bill?

Account number and customer number are located on page 1 of your utility bill.Bill Image

Meter number is located on page 3 of your utility bill.Bill Image

How do I set up notifications?

Under the "Profile" tab, select the "Notifications" tab.

How can I pay my bill online?

Customers can pay with a credit card, debit card, or eCheck online. Select the “Bills & Payments" tab and click the green “Pay My Bill" icon. If you are a commercial customer, please note that the City currently charges a small convenience fee for paying with a credit card, debit card, or eCheck.

I manage my parents' account. How can I monitor this?

Under the “Profile" tab, select the “Guest Access" tab. Customers can invite others to view their account. They simply need to add the Guest Email and select which access settings they would like to provide access to.

I have moved and have a new account number. Do I need to create a new username and password for the portal?

No, you can use your existing portal account. You can add your new utility account information by going to the "Account List" tab, which is under the “Profile" tab. Simply add your new account number and meter number here.

I have multiple accounts. How can I view them all from the portal?

Under the "Profile" tab, select the "Account List" tab. Simply add additional Account Numbers with associated Meter Numbers and select "+Add Account"

Why is my Gas usage showing as null in the summer months?

If you only use gas to heat your house, you would not be consuming any gas during the warm months.

How can I sign up for level pay (equal pay) or a Bank Draft Plan?

Please visit Customer Accounts located in the Charles H. Harris Financial Center, 311 Memorial Drive, or call 434-799-5155

How can I provide feedback on the site?

Please use the "How can we make this page better?" comment field at the bottom of each page.

How do I sign up for paperless billing?

Under the "Profile" tab, select "My Profile". On this screen you will see an option that will allow you to switch between electronic and paper bills.

How will I know when my latest electronic bill is available on the site?

You will receive an email with the subject line, "Your Danville Utilities ebill is Ready" on the day your bill is available for viewing.

I tried to view a bill but am receiving a message that it is not available online. Why?

Any bill generated prior to the date you signed up for paperless billing cannot be displayed online.

I just paid my bill online, but my payment isn't reflected on the transactions screen.

Payments made online are not posted real-time. Please allow 2-3 business days for the payment to show.

I just added insulation to my attic and installed replacement windows. How can I tell if they are making a difference on my utility bill?

Click on the "Consumption" tab and open the "My Events" information area. Add the date and description of any event that may impact your bill to help you track the future results.

I have multiple accounts, and I want my primary residence account to show as the default when I log into the portal. How do I do this?

Select the "Profile" tab, then select "Account List". Click on the favorite (heart) button next to the account that you want to be the default.

I need to update my preferred payment method information (such as credit card expiration date) on the payment screen. How can I do this?

You cannot directly edit a saved method of payment. Just add a new payment method with the correct information and check "Use this payment method for future payments" .

All contents © 2020 Danville Utilities. All rights reserved.