All Danville Utilities customers are required to sign a personalized contract for service that is generated by a Customer Service Representative when initiating service. Please be prepared to provide the following information when applying for service:
- Name of applicant.
- Proof of applicant’s identification, such as a driver’s license, or other government-issued picture I.D.
- Address of service location
- Lease or other proof of residence/ownership of the location
- Telephone number where the applicant can be reached.
- Date applicant wants service to start.
- For a new service location, the purpose for which service is to be used.
- Customer's current mailing address.
This information will be recorded on the contract at the time the service application is made and signed by the customer applicant. If the contract is mailed to the customer for his or her signature, it must be notarized.
In most cases, utilities services can be connected the same day a customer applies for service if the request is received prior to 2:00 p.m. Otherwise, service connections are made the next business day. A service initiation fee will apply for new accounts and will be billed on the initial bill cycle.
View the complete Danville Utilities Service Policies & Procedures.